vrijdag 10 februari 2012

Elmina Moisan

This is a painting by Elmina Moisan, the Chilean painter who lived from 1887-1938. Before I went to Chile I had never heard of her before. I came across her work at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes .
Besides the wonderful work by Maria Angelica Echavari of whom I wrote earlier, the section with Chilean paintings was a true treasure. This painting 'Interior' was my favourite. The first image is my secretly made photo, the second is from the museums' website. Mix both colour schemes in your imagination and that's about the true colours standing in front of the painting...


5 opmerkingen:

  1. Hola, escribo desde Santiago de Chile.
    Yo verdaderamente admiro esa pintura. Y, debo decir, que tus observaciones respecto al color de la imagen de tu fotografía y la imagen de archivo del musea, son "otra" pintura. Sí, es una pintura bellísima, de un colorido fascinante, que, lamenetablemente, se pierde en la página web.

    Qué buen gusto.

    Felipe Poblete
    pipepxr@hotmail.com
    30 de julio de 2012

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello, I am the granddaughter of Elmina Moisan, and found your site by the way, I saw the picture you painted, and is very similar to my grandmother, evidently colors are not the same to the picture of her, because the pigments that time, are not the same now. It's a compliment you've painted the picture of my grandmother. There is an error in the dates, since she was born in (1897)
    Greetings from Chile.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Dear Inge, what an honour to receive a message from the granddaughter of Elmina Moisan! Thank you for your sharp observation of the type error; I've changed it immediately. I haven't painted it after her, I've only made a photo. I admire her work...
    regards from Amsterdam! RENY

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Reny! How are you? Well, to be only this painting, very good job, congratulations! Moreover, it's not easy to paint a work like this. The person in the painting, if I'm not mistaken, is my great aunt.

    Regards Reny!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen