Yesterday 'some' wool was delivered for the coming project in Malawi. The cousin of a fellow board member of the Foundation cleared the attic. Wow! Bags and bags full came into my studio! Today I checked all of it, and arranged the wool by colour. This is so good. Left-over wool, no longer loved, never used and now a great new destination! Also the very first time I took wool from attics, drawers and closets given by friends, colleagues and family. The women in the villages will be really happy again. This is a good boost to continue the project. Two photo's of the project are part of Trend tablet's yellow-is-the-new-pink!
I'm planning the trip now, and connecting with their ideas about the near future. What to do together, which challenges do we face, which techniques will be used, which designs are interesting, how to find the market to sell, how to sustain etcetera. Together we'll make it work, hopefully.